Research Technician - Otsuka Lab
We are seeking for a highly motivated research technician to join our laboratory at the Max F. Perutz Laboratories (MFPL). The Otsuka laboratory employs molecular and cellular biology as well as cutting edge microscopy techniques to uncover the molecular mechanism of a tightly-controlled communication inside our cells. The laboratory starts from April 2019, and the successful candidate would contribute to its set-up.
The successful candidate is responsible for:
- Testing and preparing reagents, learning new techniques, performing experiments (in particular molecular cloning, cell culture, generation of genome-edited cell lines, and fluorescence microscopy)
- General laboratory organization (e.g. overseeing day to day operations, maintaining supplies)
- Teamwork (supporting members of the laboratory in their projects, training new members in the experiments)
- Active involvement in our team (e.g. attending group meetings, exchanging ideas, developing experimental protocols)
Desired skills and qualities:
- Basic knowledge in biochemistry, molecular and cell biology
- Hands-on experience in molecular and cell biology
- Fluency in English and good communication skills
- Motivation to learn and develop new techniques
This full-time position is open from April 1st 2019. An initial contract will be for six months with possibility of extension for multiple years. The salary is according to the collective contract (Kollektivvertrag § 54 Gehaltsschema allgemeines Universitätspersonal).
Applications consisting of a letter of motivation, a CV and the contact details of two reference persons should be sent electronically to shotaro.otsuka [AT] univie.ac [DOT] at. Initial deadline for the application is February 28th in 2019; if not filled, review of applications will continue thereafter until the position is filled.
About the MFPL:
The MFPL are a center established by the University of Vienna and the Medical University of Vienna to foster excellent research and education in Molecular Biology. We are located at the Vienna BioCenter, one of the largest Life Sciences clusters in Austria. Vienna BioCenter provides a very supportive and family friendly environment with the availability of subsidized child care facilities. Beyond that, Vienna is a multicultural capital city, consistently ranking amongst the top three cities worldwide for the quality of living.