The Histology Facility is located in room 4.628 on the 4th floor of the VBC1 building. The facility is equipped to produce high quality microscopic sections of frozen and paraffin-embedded material. Digital image capture and image analysis are available for bright field and stereomicroscopy. Introduction and basic training and updates sessions are held periodically to train staff and Masters/PhD students in histological techniques. Histocom specialists hold the training seminars on request. The Facility is supervised/organized by the Baccarini lab and is open to all MFPL staff and students, and to external institutions on a user fee system.
- Tissue processor
- Paraffin-embedding center
- Microtomes, Cryotome
- ASS-1 automated H&E staining center
- Shandon Sequenza, Workstation for immunohistochemistry
- Stereomicroscope Zeiss SteREO Discovery V.12, bright field Microscope Zeiss “Axioimager”
- Image capture & analysis: Leica Camera DFC 320, Computer and Software for image analysis.
MFPL Main Building - Level 4 - Room 4.518